Personal Tax Checklist
Thank you for choosing Chris D’Ambrosio to prepare your Income Taxes.
If you are mailing, faxing, e-mailing, or coming in for an appointment here is a brief list of the documents you will need to provide in order for us to prepare your tax returns completely.
Please fill out & submit the Client Information Sheet along with your documents.
- The taxpayer’s driver license or state identification information is now required. The taxpayer and/or spouse must provide the ID number, issuing state, issuing date, and expiration date for all licenses or identification cards. This information is used as an additional means of validating the taxpayer’s identity
Certain Tax Refunds will be delayed:
- According to a new tax law change, the IRS cannot issue refunds before February 15 for tax returns that claim the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Additional Child Tax Credit.
- This applies to the entire refund, even the portion not associated with these credits.
- The IRS will begin to release these EITC/ACTC refunds starting February 15. However, the IRS cautions taxpayers that these refunds likely won’t arrive in bank accounts or on debit cards until the week of February 27.
- In order to comply with the new tax law changes, please provide the following:
- Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards for any dependent listed on the tax return under age 24
- School statements, Doctor’s statements or Court Records showing residency and custody of any dependent listed on the tax return under age 24
For anyone listed on the tax return attending college, the following items are required:
- Form 1098-T
- Tuition receipts from school to substantiate Form 1098-T
- Billing and payment summary from the University Bursar’s office
- Receipts for Room and Board as well as fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for enrollment at an eligible educational institution
Please be advised certain items may or may not apply to everyone.
- Copies of all Social Security Cards and DOB’s for individuals listed on the return
- 1095-A, 1095-B, or 1095-C Proof of Healthcare Statements
- 1099-Int Interest Bank Statements
- 1099-Div Dividend Statements
- Form 1098 Mortgage Interest Statements
- 1099-SSA Social Security Statements
- 1099-B Year End Brokerage Statements / Proceeds from Sale of Stocks or Mutual Funds (if applicable, for any stock sales provide cost basis along with purchase dates)
- 1099-C Cancellation of Debt
- W-2G Gambling Winnings
- 1098-E Student Loan Interest Statement
- HUD-1 Closing Statements for sales or purchases of Real Estate
- 1099-G Unemployment Compensation Received Amounts (must be obtained online)
- 1099-G Prior Years State Tax Refund Amounts (must be obtained online)
- 1098-T Qualified Tuition Paid Statements
- 1099-R Retirement Plan Distribution Statements: Withdrawals, Rollovers or Loan Defaults
- Form 8889 HSA Account Contribution or Distribution amounts
- Form 1099-MISC Small Business / Self-Employed Individuals (Schedule C): Complete books and records
- Daycare/Childcare Expenses and Amounts Paid (Name of provider, Address and Tax ID#)
- Any other pertinent or applicable documentation
If you are a new client please include a copy of your previous year’s tax return, along with your date of birth, occupation, day time, evening, and cell phone numbers.
Forward all these documents to the following address and put to the attention of your tax preparers name.
We strongly suggest using an overnight service such as UPS or FedEx so that it may also be tracked.
You may also upload your documents directly to our office using the secure client portal.
Personal. Knowledgeable. Accurate. Call (718) 672-2500 & Ask for Chris